Life has been rather hectic.Â I plan to blog, and then my plans change.Â If you seek profundities today, you need to look elsewhere.Â If you’d like a few random snapshots of my life over the past few weeks, please keep reading.
1. The gym has become a major part of my time away from the office.Â I simultaneously love it and hate it.Â I love feeling my muscles at work.Â I hate that I’m just a little sore most of the time.Â I love that I might be getting stronger.Â I hate sweating.Â I really, really hate sweating so much that it drips off my nose, or that the sweat tries to drip off any semi-angular part of my body.Â I hate the way the floor of the weight area smells.Â I like the way I’m learning to engage the muscles I should engage instead of the ones I’ve generally used.
2. We’ve had a lull in the usual schedule.Â I didn’t go to PFO.Â That made me sad, but it also meant I had more time to spend with the interns and more time to prepare for the rest of the summer.Â I hate being a grown up and having to make hard choices.Â I know it was the right thing to do, I’m just not used to it.
3. Last year my neighbor decided the 3 square feet of arable land at the end of my “patio” slab were going to waste.Â This spring we bought soil and seed.Â I water it almost every day.Â (Yes, occasionally, I neglect my agricultural duties.) I currently have two zucchini plants, a few pea plants, and some morning glories and/or moon flowers.Â At least that’s what she says.Â The zucchini seem to have plans of world domination; the others may or may not learn to climb the netting put in place for them.
4. I canceled my cable a few months ago.Â I’ve discovered a few gems from BBC thanks to Amazon.Â I’ve found some new to me reruns on a weird channel that you only get with an antenna.Â I’m not really missing cable TV.
5. I feel like I have gazillion things I should be doing right now.Â I can’t figure out what they are.Â I hate that feeling.Â My insides churn with the thought of all that needs to be done, but my brain can’t grab onto the facts.Â I’m thankful I have a few interns who thrive on lists and charts and schedules.Â I don’t, but I appreciate them (both the interns and the list-ish things they make to help me).
6. I found out (thanks to one of my interns) there has never been a known case of a chipmunk passing rabies to a human.Â It’s a good piece of trivia.Â Tuck it away.Â You just never know when someone might just pick up a chipmunk (“Why wouldn’t you?!?!?!”) and get bit (That’s why!).
7. The fires in CO were horrid, but they didn’t come near me.Â For a while there was a distinct smell of campfire in the air.Â I would wonder, “Who would have a fire now?!”Â Then I would remember that CO was burning.Â Apparently the whole state would have a fire.
Well, there you have it.Â A snapshot of my life for the last few weeks.Â One picture a day.
What’s happening with you?
photo courtesy of taliesen from morguefiles.com; modified at pixlr.com