I feel like I’m without too many coherent thoughts right now.Â So I thought I’d just jot down a few things that have come to mind over the last few days.Â Don’t expect things to flow from one point to another.Â They might flow, but don’t expect it.Â Just be pleasantly surprised if it happens.Â This is randomicity on your computer screen.
1.Â Netflix arrived at my house this weekend.Â It was love at first click.Â I can’t believe I’ve dragged my heels about this.Â Well, I can.Â Watching has been up, productivity and sleep have been down (just a little).Â I’m waiting for the shiny newness to wear off.Â I can get sucked in by shiny newness.Â Oh shiny newness and Drop Dead Diva. I had no idea.Â I’m going to need to pace myself a bit better.
2. My washing machine hates me.Â It did awful things to my checking account right before Christmas.Â OK—not completely horrible and unforgivable, but not nice things.Â I spent hours fighting with it Sunday afternoon and evening.Â Hours.Â Every 5 minutes it would get out of balance.Â I would stick my hands into the soapy waters, move things around, reset the agitator, and go watch 5 more minutes of Drop Dead Diva.Â For hours that’s the way it went.Â Then I decided it was a little too close to the wall.Â I finally got it to budge—and voila!Â It worked.Â Maybe now that I’ve made it more comfortable we’ll be on better terms.
3. Friday afternoon I got a fun little rubber sleeve with a handle for my frou frou coffee indulgences.Â It’s the pink one in the picture.Â I even used it on a non-frou frou coffee from McDonald’s Sunday morning. The sleeve cost less than a cup of the famous sweet cinnamon coffee.
4. I’ve had frou frou coffee twice in the last few days.Â I think that’s as much as I’ve had it in the last 4 months.
5. I spent some time enjoying the aforementioned coffee at Starbucks Friday mid-afternoon.Â I was blown away by how crowded the place was—and it’s a pretty big store.Â I understood the presence of high schoolers, who were actually few and far between.Â I didn’t quite get why there were so many adults . . . with computers . . . and earbuds . . . I’ll have to think about this some more.
6. If you order your coffee extra hot so you don’t slurp it down quickly, it would be good to remember that and not slurp it down quickly.
7. Paper is the bane of my existence.Â It multiplies when I’m not looking at it.Â I suppose I should be thankful that it’s modest enough not to multiply when I look at it.Â That would be kind of creepy.Â But seriously—I feel like I’m drowning in it.Â I’m never sure what’s important and what’s not.Â And I want to read it ALL, but I don’t have the time or the energy.Â I thought I had a good system for dealing with it, but I think I broke down before the system did.
8.Â I had an inundation of friends in the last few days.Â One drove 90 minutes just to spend some time with me.Â I talked to another for a few hours on the phone . . . I think we were on the phone almost 4 hours.Â We need to talk more regularly.Â A new friend in my neighborhood ran away from home—to my house.Â It was fun to visit for almost 2 hours.Â My friend who’s staying with me was actually home at the same time I was; we made up for not seeing each other for most of the week.Â To top it all off, it’s only a few more days before another friend arrives for the week.Â I’d much rather drown in friends than in paper.
9. I currently have 4 journals.Â Prayer, Psalms and Anti-Psalms, Writing Ideas, and Conference Notes.Â I didn’t realize how notebook driven my life is until I decided to park at Starbucks with 3 of them the other day.Â I probably looked like some kind of Notebook Fairy as I kept pulling them out of my messenger bag.Â (In case you’re wondering a Notebook Fairy is a second cousin to the Tooth Fairy.Â They share the same Fairy Godmother.)Â Hmmmm—4 notebooks and random paper everywhere.Â I do have a problem.
10. I’ve never been a fan of slippers.Â After Christmas I was in an REI Store and found a pair of Qwaruba sheepskin slippers for less than 50% of the original price.Â My toes were cold—especially on the foot without the attractive grey orthopedic boot.Â I bought the slippers even though I could only wear one of them for a while.Â I am now a big fan of the right slippers.Â Â If your toes get cold, you should get some.Â I’ve even considered taking them to the office on the days when I just can’t get warm.Â I have a sneaking suspicion they would help improve my body temperature.
Well, now you have 10 fairly random things about me.Â Tell me a few random things about you and your last few days.
photo of the cup sleeve courtesy of the Container Store; photo of the Qwaruba slippers courtesy of ebay; photo of the balls courtesy of ella11