So here are my current thoughts on food with questions borrowed from Lindsey Nobles.
- What is your favorite food? Just one?!?!?! Ummmm, I suppose if I have to choose just one, it’s ice cream. Ice cream counts as food, doesn’t it? After that, it’s probably steak.Â I think it is anyway.
- What is your favorite candy bar? Just about anything with the words “dark chocolate” on the wrapper. (Except, of course if the words “dark chocolate” are accompanied in anyway by the word “cherry.” Blech.) This winter it was definitely Hungarian Boci Bars made of dark chocolate.
- Would you rather have ice cream or cake? Ummmm, I think I covered that with the first answer.Â Ice cream.Â I am partial to a good butter cream frosting, but that’s not really cake, is it?
- What is the craziest thing youâ€™ve eaten? Fried grasshoppers? Agouti (African Bush Rat)? Mystery meat and its intestines on meatsticks in Cote d’Ivoire?
- What is your favorite chain restaurant? Texas Roadhouse (at least it is today, I reserve the right to change my mind)
- What is your favorite fast food restaurant? McDonald’s, no contest . . . though I do love Checkers’ fries, but that’s not loving the whole of it. And 5 Guys Burgers and Fries is wonderful, but it’s kind of medium paced–you know, not fast but not slow either.
- What is your favorite international cuisine? Italian (or the American version of Italian) is my go to, but send me to a Lebanese restaurant and you canÂ color me happy!
- What foods can you simply not eat? I suppose if I were hungry enough and whatever I was trying to eat was disguised well, I could eat anything.Â However there are lots and lots of things I don’t want to eat—ever.Â Those things are mostly raw seafood, anythings guts, cheap hotdogs and most vegetables.
- What is the most random thing in your refrigerator right now? A tube of chopped garlic from Austria is the first thing that comes to mind, but I’m sure there’s a container in the far corner growing mystery mold.
- Do you have any weird food quirks? Well, I’m pretty much a food snob.Â If I don’t like something, I’ll probably let you know.Â But I don’t think I have any quirks like my food can’t touch or something must be eaten a certain way or anything like that.Â As far as being a food snob, I mean I have strong preferences—Diet Coke NOT Diet Pepsi (they are not anything alike except for their color and the word ‘diet’ in their names), Heinz ketchup is a must as are kosher hot dogs, the sharper the cheddar the better, basil over oregano,Â chocolate should only come in varieties of dark not milk,Â Miracle Whip most of the time instead of mayonnaise (it has its place), butter not margarine . . . see?Â Food snob.
What about you?
photo courtesy of roboppy